- Springfield Technical Community College
- $106,366.67 -174,440.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
45 Pidgeon Dr
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Financial Aid, the Senior Financial Aid Counselor will work directly with the staff in Student Financial Services and assist with financial aid operations in a high energy, fast-paced environment. This position is responsible for overseeing customer service operations, performing file review of students' financial aid files, and counseling students and parents on the financial aid application process. Responsibilities include administrative tasks associated with department activities (i.e.- performs file review/ verification; reviews SAP status and determines SAP eligibility; R2T4 calculations, organizes and maintains financial aid information and confidential files; completes/mails forms for outside agencies; prepares brochures, flyers, mnemonics guides, instructional materials, and general correspondence; reviews or refers to applications, degree audits, tax returns, benefit statements, medical reports, financial aid transcripts, rosters, payment reports, bulletins, regulations, catalogs, policies, procedures, and reference materials; operates a computer and utilizes word processing, spreadsheets, database, or other software programs).
Supervision received: Reports directly to the Associate Director of Financial Aid.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Oversee customer service operations, including scheduling of staff, and conducting customer service training, as needed.
* Supervise three (3) AFSCME support staff.
* Provide customer service, as needed, to assist customer service staff.
* Provide support to customer service staff when questions or concerns arise.
* Perform financial aid file review including verification of federal, state and institutional aid.
* Manage a caseload of Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals, including making decisions.
* Process Return to Title IV Calculations.
* Counsel students and parents on the financial aid application process.
* Represent Student Financial Services at open houses, new student orientation and other student- oriented events.
* Conduct financial aid presentations both on and off-campus.
* Create correspondence letters, emails and other forms of communications used to inform students of outstanding requirements needed to complete their financial aid files.
* Perform other assigned administrative tasks associated with Student Financial Services operations.
See \"The Massachusetts Board of Higher Education - Massachusetts Community College Council Classification\" (MCCC) Specifications below.
Financial Aid Counselor - HB 1192.doc
* Master's degree in Education, Business Administration, Accounting, Human Services, or closely related field; with two (2) years experience and/or training involving financial aid operations, or loan processing; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Must have working knowledge of federal regulations, need analysis, and student financial aid processes.
* Previous managerial experience.
* Experience with a union environment preferred
* Must have experience working with integrated educational software as well as various p.c. applications such Microsoft applications.
* Ability to multi-task and provide attention to detail.
* Excellent counseling and advising skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
* Strong customer service and organizational skills.
* Strong analytical skills are a plus.
* Experience working with a diverse student population is a plus.
* Must be able to work independently, also as a team player, and be able to work under pressure as well as in a loud environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work generally performed in an office environment, with frequent interruptions. The noise level in the work environment may vary from light to moderate. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%. The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to assist to students, access file cabinets, and office machines etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery i.e. calculator, copy machine/printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with staff and students who have inquiries about their tuition bill or financial aid package. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
SALARY: Grade 4, $49-711 - $72,400. Actual salary will be commensurate with academic background and experience per the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement. See
BENEFITS: Yes - state funded
WORK SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday Occasional evenings and weekend hours required.
GRANT FUNDED: No
TRAVEL: Occasional travel as needed
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening on specified positions, which may include, but is not limited to, a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
CLOSING DATE: July 4, 2019
All applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references to Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin (\"protected class(s)/classification(s).\" Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
Associated topics: accounting, business finance, college of finance, criminal, econometrics, economy, law, legal, marketing, school of law
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...