Individual will be a lead analyst in the Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities Surveillance Team, charged with monitoring and rating existing securitization transactions backed by all RMBS types including Subprime, Alt-A/Option Arm, Jumbo and various Esoteric types including Single Family Rentals, Manufactured Housing, FHA-VA, among others.
The lead analyst is responsible for:
- Developing in-depth knowledge of performance and credit data, deal structures, legal documents and cash flows in connection with the surveillance and rating of all RMBS types
- Re-securitizations and securitizations of other residential mortgage-related products, such as reverse mortgage.
- Responsibilities include: quantitative and qualitative analysis of credit quality of RMBS, including an assessment of collateral, transaction structure, legal, operating, and regulatory risks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring deal performance, conducting credit analysis, cash flow modeling, reviewing transaction documents, compiling committee packages, presenting rating recommendations, and communicating rating actions and performance review summaries to market participants in press releases and other publications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with support staff a necessity.
- Research and publication of credit-related articles for the benefit of investors and other capital market constituents is a key aspect of the position.
- Involvement and contribution to group automation and process enhancement projects and regulatory matters are also a responsibility.
- MBA or Master's degree in economics , Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Math or related quantitative field. Will consider bachelor's degree in similar fields with appropriate experience. Strong academic record (both graduate and undergraduate).
- 2 to 3 years of experience in Structured Finance, preferably RMBS.
- Extensive experience with Excel is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn, and an ability to manage multiple projects
- Work closely with others as well as independently to produce accurate, detailed work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is a must.
- Programming skills (VBA/SQL) will be an asset.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Associate Lead Analyst
Associated topics: analyst, bi, business, examiner, financial analyst, forecasting, law, refine, regulation, valuation analyst