- Milton Cat
290 Cochran Rd
Milton CAT is seeking an experienced Power Systems CSA Lube Field Service Technician. Technicians are responsible for performing preventive maintenance and generator inspections for customer and/or rental fleet equipment. Depending on the location and assignment, the Technician will be responsible for some or all of the functions and duties listed below. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required.
* Perform complete oil, filter, and lubrication services
* Perform all quarterly, semi-annual, and annual power generation inspections.
* Follow all documented CSA processes and guidelines.
* Maintain lube records for all work performed.
* Ability to read Scheduled Oil Samples (SOS) reports and analysis.
* Provide service reports, oil samples, and inspection paperwork to customer as work is performed.
* Inspect equipment for external signs of potential component failure.
* Inspect safety devices and report inoperable conditions.
* Prepares accurate and complete service reports timely.
* Maintain service readiness of field lube truck including customer service fluid supplies.
* Knowledgeable in the proper startup and shutdown procedures of CAT equipment.
* Maintain a safe working environment and observe all safety procedures, laws, policies, and rules.
* Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance at all times adhering to company policy.
* Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
* High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
* One year experience servicing equipment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Basic heavy equipment service/maintenance knowledge.
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Good oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
* Ability to work in the field without supervision.
* Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
* Able to perform generator inspections.
* Ability to operate a service vehicle.
* Must be proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
* Must have strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
* Valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
* Able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
* Associates degree in Diesel or Power Systems and or relevant experience.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
* Browse Open Jobs
* Search Open Jobs
* Edit Your Profile
* View Submitted Applications
Copyright ? 2017 Milton CAT - Legal Notices - Privacy Statement
Web Design by BlueKey in Charleston, SC
Associated topics: breakdown, calibrate, diagnose, field service technician, machine maintenance, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, mechanical, millwright, repair
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...