Job ID:? 149647
Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH company operates. ?Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. ?Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. ?Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and CRH.
Responsible for the managing the entirety of the assigned location. Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to leading and managing all safety efforts, site planning, mine development, environmental, quality control and maintenance functions.
Roles and Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Demonstrate leadership by continuously supporting our core values: Safety, Integrity, and Quality.? Drive to ZERO incidents by leading the Safety process and our associates.
- Ensure compliance with company mandated safety and environmental policies, programs and guidelines as well as regulatory compliance.
- Provide strong leadership, training, growth and development opportunities and supervision.
- Ensure compliance with all Local, State, and Federal regulations and permits.
- Work with commercial team to set and execute the production schedule to meet commercial demands.
- Monitor financials and strive to continuously improve through collaboration & performance management.
- Identify capital replacement & profit improvement project ideas.
- Execute any approved mine plans
- Deliver product quality and customer service excellence by building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Complete all daily reporting necessary to the assigned operations.
- Issue daily work assignments; verify proper training and necessary equipment requirements are met.
- Act as liaison between regulatory inspectors and management.
- Analyze monthly variable costs reporting.
- Maintain excellent cost control processes.?
- Drive continuous improvement in cost control and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) with specific attention to detail in the areas of preventive maintenance, quality, throughput performance.?
- Develop associates to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Maintains professional demeanor in dealing with critical/confidential information; restricts discussion/knowledge of activity to a ?need to know? basis.
- Regular and timely attendance is required
Marginal Duties and Functions
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends as required
- May be required to pick up parts as needed
- Will lead Community Tours
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with 10 years+ of practical work experience.
- Bachelor?s degree (B.S. or B.E.) from four year college or university, Engineering preferred
- At least 3 years? experience in an operations leadership role.
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of various applications including E-Maint. and AggFlow
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.? Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is:? Face Shield, Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Dust masks & Hearing Protection
- In role, expectation is to be savvy in Viewpoint, PEAK, DF3, E-Maint.and AggFlow
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to do basic math.
- Must be able to respond to stressful situations and customers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Must posess ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines.
- Must be able to write reports, document findings, and procedures, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
- Ability to maintain personel records and files.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate between departments.
- Ability to carry out complex oral and written instructions and deal with complex problems.
- Ability to deal effectively with questions or problems, seeking assistance from internal and external sources when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.?
- The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time.?
- The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time.???
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.? ? ? ? ? ??
- This job will require both office work and field work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet.
- Safety, Integrity, Quality ? formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of OMG and Tilcon?s core values.
- Attracts Top Talent - Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops Talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Business Insights - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Builds Effective Teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas?has a long and proud heritage as one of North America?s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you?re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
?EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this?link.?
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, fork lift, lawn, manage, manufacture, production management, prune, scanner, transplant